Saturday, July 12, 2008

Packing and packing and more packing

BJ and I are off on our move away from Tampa, Florida. We are currently visiting a friend who lives oh so convienintly at the half way point in our drive. Yesterday, we packed the bulk of our worldly belongings into the front of an 18 wheeler, and sent them on their way to our destination. Out of all the times I've moved, I think this is going to be the easiest. and the cheapest. We reserved trailer space through upack.com, and it was very financially sound. We rented 8 feet in an 8ft wide trailer, with a 9 ft high ceiling. for less than $400. I wish I had thought of this before! My friend Mary and I were chatting on the phone and we started thinking about what it would look like if I got a US map and started putting pins in the places where I have lived. We realized that I have lived in a lot of places, sometimes I feel like a gypsy, and started talking about which states on the eastern seaboard I haven't lived in. Let me tell you the list was rather short. I aslo realized I would have to add a map of Europe so I could put a pin in Germany too. : )
I must apologize to those of you who read my blog. I have been so busy turning in and working my last two weeks at work, and then with all the packing and the boxes and the stuff, I just haven't felt like sitting down to type. Sorry! BJ and I decided that World of Warcraft was eating up too much of our time...We cancelled our subscriptions. *gasp* I know I am going to miss my characters. Maybe someday I will start playing again, but in the meantime I think I will enjoy some of my older hobbies, like reading and watching movies.
And now the hunt is on. With BJ and I nearing our destination, we must journey into the foray of hunting for employment. I have an up and coming interview that must be scheduled with a rather amazing company. *fingers crossed.

No comments: