Monday, June 23, 2008

It fits! It fits! The shoe totally fits!


I just got back from my trip to see Brittney today, and we had such a nice visit! We played putt putt, billiards, ate funny new york foods. We went to an apple orchard where I had the most amazing caramel apple nut pie with ice cream on top. *drool. Oh, and what else did we do on this sojourn of fun? We tried on my wedding dress. Oh yes, the dress. It's just in the plain white muslin mock up, and I can already tell it's going to be gorgeous. Brittney walked around pinning and drawing lines and ripping seams and repinning, it was a lot of work on her part. I just stood there and looked pretty. I like my job. Now the pictures I am posting are just mock up photos. There is a whole 'nother layer to the dress and sleeves and stuff that are not made yet. Brittney's doing such a wonderful job. She sent BJ and I the information of what measurements she needed. Now, don't get us wrong, BJ and I do measure things very well, you know, when they are nice and flat or made of wood. So Brittney had to eyeball the "measurements" we gave her and try to figure out what it should look like. I am proud to say she was very successful.

Look Look! It has a cute little sweep train in the back too! I love the color accent with the red, and there is going to be more of that. I could not possibly be happier with the way this dress is turning out. And, Brittney has been able to accept my request to be part of my bridal party, so now I have two bridesmaids! Woot! Well, maids of honor!
I'm very happy! Not just with the dress, but with the way that everything is coming together for the wedding. And, of course, with my wonderful groom. : ) Ciao!