Friday, June 6, 2008

So much excitement!!

BJ and I went to Best Buy a couple of days ago to look at some electronics. We had a pretty good idea of what we wanted, and I knew what was a good buy from reading the sale paper. Ever since I got my economic stimulus check, I have wanted a GPS. It seemed like a worthwhile enough item to purchase, and anyone who knows me also knows how easy it is for me to get misdirected and not know where I ended up. There were a lot of different models to choose from, and I just didn't know what to do. We looked at internet reports, at websites with ratings of different GPS units, and such. It wasn't until one of the nice guys from work brought it in for me to see, and it was amazing. He owned a Garmin Nuvi 200, and I thought it was just really cool. He let me push the buttons and navigate with it, and I have to say, I was hooked. Best Buy had a sale on the Garmin 200W, just like John's 200 but with a wide screen, and the Garmin 260 was only $30 more. I looked at the features and hemmed and hawwed about which one to get. The 260 would say the street names, but I really wanted the wide screen because I could see everything sooooo much better. You might ask why I didn't get the 260W? It wasn't on sale; and I didn't want to spend an extra $150 to get it to tell me the street name when it was clearly written on the GPS screen. I got the 200w and I was sooooo happy with it. BJ opened it for me once we got to the car and I started it up. It came with a nearly full battery and only took 2 - 3 minutes to find the sattelite. Then, our new Nuvi navigated us home. It's got a really good system for navigation, a clear voice speaking when and where to turn, and you can search for nearby stores by type! I think this little GPS is really going to come in handy on my future trips.

1 comment:

Jade said...

*immensely jealous*

Speaking the street names is a must for me; otherwise I'll keep anxiously looking at the screen to make sure I'm hitting the right street.