Friday, June 12, 2009

OMG, an update?!

Heh heh heh...I've been baaaad. I mean I know it's been a long time since I updated my blog, but February...seriously! *slaps self on hand* I don't remember what I have shared and what I haven't, so please forgive any repeats. I am now 26, as of March 15th, BJ turned 27 in May. I quit working at the doggy daycare, it was just too darn hot, and I couldn't get the ac to work. You know it's too hot when the dogs don't want to play, they just want to sprawl out on the concrete to keep cool. I have my awesome nanny job, which has gone to three full days a week and two half days and I love working there. The only downside is that it makes me want to have babies, like NOW! but it's not time for babies yet, I keep telling myself, house first, house first, house first. But I can't stop myself from checking out the awesome baby stuff on target and babies R us online. I told my friend Mary what I was up to, and she flipped because she thought I was pregnant. AM NOT!!! House first, house first, enjoy being newlyweds, house first.... BJ and I have been looking at foreclosed homes in the Norcross area, looking to purchase with an FHA rehabilitation loan. I've been watching diy network online and was shocked to learn that making concrete countertops is a lot like making a puppet mold, meaning...I can totally do that! And I've learned all sorts of neat stuff and eyeballing tools that I would love to give a home, but will probably end up renting. Come on, who can really spend $1,600 on that awesome table saw at the drop of a checkbook? We have an awesome realtor helping us out in our home search. It seems like the biggest problem we are coming up against is the face that an fha loan closes in 45 days, and the houses that we have made offers on told us to pay another $10k over the asking price, or that they were going to wait for a lower cash offer because it would close faster. It's disheartening, some of the houses we have really, really wanted, but we'll find a house and make it home, eventually. There are a lot of great home buyer incentives in place, especially for first time homebuyers, that we want to take advantage of, including the tax incentives for updating your home. I still have to chat with the guy over at H&R Block to get some more concrete information on the energy star tax credits, but I have time. BJ and I watched the latest Star Trek movie for his birthday, it was awesome, it was one of those movies that when the credits roll, you want to clap because it was just that cool. And I'm not even all that interested in the original star trek. When I was little I was secretly in love with Captain Picard, but don't tell. I've been raiding the local library, and studying all sorts of home supply stores. If you live in the area, and we get a house, be prepared to be called to come perform manual labor services in exchange for pizza. If the kitchen is up to speed, it may even be homemade pizza. The whole, make your own concrete countertop is definitely messing with my brain. Now that I know the process is so simple, and similar to things I have done before, the possibilites are ENDLESS! I even proposed the idea of pouring concrete pavers to replace a driveway. :P My husband is so accomodating to my wild and exciting ideas. On the career front, Synchronicity's season has come to the summer break, so no more working for them until next August, although I may not have time to do so. I am working for Essential Theatre this summer as an ASM for one of their shows, and then after that, I have been asked to be the props designer for Aurora Theatre's prduction of Buy my house, Please! Aurora Theatre, incidentally, is BJ's new place of employment. He is working for them as their new TD, and their next show is a production of Kiss me Kate, and I am so excited! 'Brush up your Shakespeare...' is my favorite song in that play, next to Too Darn hot, which is much better in the staged version than in the movie, although Life that I once led is also stellar. Ooooo, can't wait. So yeah, that is how we say, sum up. It's Summer here in Georgia and we've been in the apartment pool a couple of times already. I love swimming, and it's also really good for my back. The only think I don't enjoy, is the drops of swimmer's ear after my post swimming shower, it burns! It burns us, precious!!

No comments: