Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stuff to do...lots of stuff to do!!!

Ah Wednesday, my favorite day of the week. Tonight there will be a new episode of Bones and I will be happy for a little while until I am waiting and wishing for next Wednesday. I used to look forward to Monday when House came on on Mondays, but now House is on Tuesday along with Eureka, which has decided to take a mid season break...I am very unhappy about the midseason break. Eureka is in season number 3, and for those of you that don't watch Eureka, start with the pilot in season 1 and work your way up. It's a great show. My to do list is piling up. I have a lot of errands to go run today, like ordering the wedding cake, and cookies, get my florist on the phone, which might be difficult. She has not emailed, called, returned any of my calls or messages, or answered the phone, in a couple of months. Now that we are OFFICIALLY ONE MONTH FROM THE WEDDING...I'm a little concerned. While it would be disappointing to go to a grocery store and build my own bouquet from their selection of flowers, I am not afraid to do it. I just wish she would freaking answer the phone and stop stressing me out! *deep breath... I feel kinda like static cling cat.
Hee hee hee, statik kling cat... BJ has recently picked up a seasonal job working in a Halloween store. He started off just as a regular sales associate, and while helping set up a store in Roswell, was promoted to first assistant manager. Now the store manager has a family emergency, and BJ has been put in charge of the store by the district manager until the store manager is able to come back to work. And this is his very first job in retail...I'm so proud. I am not, however, a big fan of his having to be at work at 8am, because that means he has to get up at 7am, and for some reason I have been finding it impossible to go back to sleep after he leaves for work. I frequently call him just after his truck pulls away from the apartment and we chat on his drive to work. Today, I closed my eyes after I got my goodbye kiss, and when I opened them again, it was almost 8am. I had finally gone back to sleep!!! So I called BJ, because it wasn't yet 8 o'clock, and we talked while he walked around the store looking at the merchandise he still needed to unpack. He was the first one there this morning. And he says, "hm, that was either a rat or a squirrel..." and I go "What??" He saw something small and furry dash behind a pile of boxes and wasn't sure if it was a rat or a squirrel. He said he thought it had a squirrel tail, but he wasn't entirely sure. Brave and valiant man he is, he decided to investigate. It turned out to be a very small, and very frightened baby squirrel. I'd be scared too if I had gotten locked in a Halloween store overnight. They have to leave the doors to the store open while they are working on account of there is no air conditioning...Ewww. BJ tried to steer it toward the open doors, but it was just running back and forth trying to evade the giant man thing chasing it. He left it to find it's way out, and I suggested he warn the other girls working with him of the newest employee. Hee hee. So, it's 8:37 where I am. I am a little sluggish but not enough to go back to bed, and there's stuff to do!! I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Jeez busy people! Busy squirrel! lol...static kling cat