Friday, September 26, 2008

Worst day EVER

Today is Friday. Normally I would be like, "yeah Friday woo hoo, we get to watch a new stargate atlantis!" But not today. Today I have to go into Atlanta to measure an actor for the Snow Queen. I have the same actor playing both the crow and the reindeer = terribly convenient. I'm not entirely sure what is changing in the script to allow this as both the reindeer and the crow are in the same room at one point, but we shall see. One fun factoid I found out about...It is illegal to purchase and part of a migratory bird. So when I tried to google crow feathers to see if I could buy actual crow feathers, I found all these pages telling me how illegal it is. Sadness. I did however find some very nice looking rooster feathers that have already been dyed, so they should do rather well. And talking about puppets is making me feel better...irony of life.
I go out to my car to drop off BJ's paperwork and see the state of my vehicle. One problem with the way people are around this building, they like to drive their cars, on the grass, so they can unload groceries in front of the door instead of in the parking lot which is only 15 feet away. There are children who like to run and play kickball and throw dirt at each other. Thus all the grass is dead and the red georgia clay has turned into a fine layer of dusty dirt and completely coated my car. I have thought, many times, of washing my car, but knew it would be just as dirty in a matter of hours parked at my apartment. So, you can imagine my dismay, when some of the aforementioned children decided to DRAW in the dirt on my hood. No they did not draw rainbows, or flowers, or happy faces, or even the typical "wash me" that seems to befall many many vehicles. They drew words. Word like Fu** and A** and bicth. Yes, they spelled it bicth. Thus I know it was children. Plus the handwriting was indicative of a young child. While this was both hurtful and upsetting, I also know it was nothing personal. The a**hole little children are unsupervised by overworked parents and probably did it for the great fun they had. The only problem with children being children, is when you draw in the dirt on someone's car, there are very fine little pieces of rock in the dirt on someone's car. You might as well just key the damn car and be done with it. So, I took a napkin, knowing that these obscenities were already scratched into my hood, and rubbed over them. I would rather have a squigly mess than swear words. I took my car to a car wash, and had it cleaned. I can still see the swear words, because I know where they were I can pick them out, but it's definitely going to stay a part of my car until I have it traded, or repainted.
And then...oh yes, there's more...I went to Duluth and dropped of BJ's paperwork. I had a quarter tank of gas left and decided on my way toward home, I would stop and fill up. I preceeded to drive around, with the help of my handy GPS looking for gas, to more than 15 different gas stations. They were all bone dry. At least some of them would take down the price numbers, because then you could tell from the road that they were out of gas. Some of them left their numbers up and put brightly colored bags over their pumps. Some of them said they were out of gas on small pieces of paper taped to the pumps, and one said they were out of premium and mid grade. It turns out that station was also out of regular. After driving for more than an hour and a half, from Duluth into Norcross, I found a station flooded with cars and got in line. I finally got to a pump that only had regular, which my car will be angry about because she requires mid grade at minimum, and saw a nice little paper sign, NO CREDIT, CASH ONLY. Thank God I had $30 in my wallet. Otherwise I would have had to push my car home. So now, I'm home, I'm cranky, I have obscenities scratched into the hood of my car, and it's not even 2:30pm. Maybe I should go back to talking about the snow queen...Hopefully this will be my only post of the day, because if I post again, I may just have to kill something...

No comments: