Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh bagel I cooked in my toaster, why are you not as good as panera?

Lately I find myself fighting my consumerist nature. I want everything to be mine! I want to go to panera and buy bagel, and go to starbucks and but chocolatey coffee drinks, and buy new games to play on my ds, and buy books, lots of books! *Hyperventilating... I don't know what brought on this rash feeling of, buy buy buy, but I am holding back as much as I can. I bought some cinnamon bagels while I was at BJ's, they just can't taste as good as panera bagels, with their tasty hazelnut cream cheese...*sigh I am still hunting the job market. I got really excited when the store manager of woodcraft said to come in and fill out an application. What he didn't bother telling me is that they don't need any help right now. They're going to hold on to my application in case they need help in the future. Deep sadness and disappointment affliction. I imagine they will file it away, maybe in the drawer marked to be shredded. I did actually end up getting a new game for my DS. BJ suggested I find a fun ds game that I would be cool with playing for a few hours at a time while he plays final fantasy, which is a one player, on the PS2. Hoo boy does my thumb ache after last night's fun. I got Super Mario brothers for the DS and it...is...AWESOME! I love it. It combines classic mario play with outstanding graphics, and nostalgic little nods back to the original mario brothers. At the end of each level you jump on a flag pole, and go in a wee little castle, and when they shoot off fireworks, it's the same sound effect from the original game. OH I LOVE MY DS!!!! I am reminding myself, a lot, that the whole point of buying that game was for me to play it when BJ is playing a one player so we can still hang out. Because otherwise, I would be playing it, right...now.
In other news I have to go to the hardware store today. BJ and I struck gold on craigslist and picked up a solid wood dresser and two night stands. Although we will not be sanding and refinishing them for a while, think next relocation move, they have excellent potential, and aside from a few cosmetic defects, are in excellent shape. Some of the joints are coming apart on the drawers, so I must get some wood glue and clamp them while they dry, but all the drawer tracks are in great shape, we have real wood furniture, not laminate and particle board, and did I mention they were free? I may have to wander into the drawer and cabinet pull aisle once I pick up some wood glue. Although we won't be replacing the hardware for a while, a girl can dream, right?

No comments: