Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ravelry...weeeeee

Tonight I made a gateau breton, or otherwise known as a Brittany butter cake. It came out much like I think it was suppossed too, so it was a success! It's very much a cross between a cake and a pastry. It's a little dry for cake, but a little dense for pastry. It's nice and crumbly on the outside, which makes it perfect with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. Yum! I joined a knitting community known as ravelry and decided to pick a more daring project than just a scarf. I am going to make...Mitts!!! Hopefully. I picked up my dpn's (double point needles) at the local hobby lobby, and decided to do some web sluething. I have since joined an atlanta area knitting group and learned of several, very cool, independent knitting shops I have in easy driving distance. I love living so close to Atlanta. One of which I must investigate is Knitch...it's got a really cool web site, so google it and be jealous! I'm trying to decide if I am really interested in spinning in that whole, hey I could totally do that kind of way, or the hey, that's really cool to look at kind of way...*sigh. I have also determined I want to make another list of 2009, of movies I will be watching whether they be on tv, at home on disc, or in movie theatres. Bwahahahaha...now, how do I start this whole knitting in the round thing again...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sweetness, good luck on the Mitts!

Yesh one hour of that movie? You are a brave soul.