Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Artistic meltdown...watch out!!

I have just been cruising right along since the snow queen opened getting chores done, cleaning up the apartment, cooking actual meals with sides, doing the dishes in the sink, laundry, and now the bomb has been dropped. Clint, the awesome director for the snow queen gave my contact information to Michael, who heads the XPT over at the CPA. For those that don't speak acronym, allow me to explain. XPT = experimental puppet theatre. CPA = Center for Puppetry Arts. I have been invited to submit a proposal for a piece of puppetry performance lasting ten minutes or less. My brain has turned to jelly. The icky kind with strange unidentifiable chunks of fruit amorphously floating through space. It's not that I don't have time, the proposals aren't due until February, and the show isn't until May. The question is, how do I, Brittany, push the boundaries on contemporary puppet theatre, and make a show that's more about heart and meaning than pretty things moving. Please exscuse me, although I am exstatically excited, I must go find a paper bag to hyperventilate into.

1 comment:

Jade said...

How exciting and terrifying all at once!

My antispam word is 'sadrat,' wtf?