Monday, December 22, 2008

OOO I made a fancy cake!

I made a fancy cake from the library cookbook I got called,
"How to be a domestic goddess." The cake I am holding is made with Nutella, and other cakey ingredients, like ground hazelnuts. I made the icing with heavy cream and chocolate, and those are whole, roasted hazelnuts, aka Filberts, on the top. It was delicious! However, I think the next time I make it, I will substitute Semi sweet chocolate for the dark chocolate. The bitterness was pretty subtle in the cake itself, but in the icing it was really strong. Like my pretty glass cake plate? That was a wedding gift. It has a sweet cover to go on top and looks really nice, and it keeps the cake really well too. Mom had a slice and said it was better than a sleeping pill, chocolate makes her sleepy, which is kind of funny considering I'm the only person I know who passes out when taking Pamprin. Eh...go figure. I had a good visit with my Mom this weekend. Yesterday we went and watched the snow queen. It was neat seeing it this far into the run, as things were more finished, and as always my puppets look awesome. Mom wanted some pictures of the pigeons after the show, the actresses who manipulated them brought them out for meet and greet. I got closer with the camera and as soon as they saw me, they turned both pigeons toward me and yelled, "Mommy, Mommy!!!" It was awesome. Now off to the movies! Woot!



No comments: