Saturday, May 24, 2008

Houses of cards, they fall down...a lot

I just got home from work, WOOHOO. It wasn't really a long day, as the hours were just odd. I had a later check in, and logically enough a later check out. We were sitting around the break room in between shows and I was thinking about pizza. For some really odd reason, the break room smelled like a slice of dominos pizza, you know the spice blend they put on it with the cheese and tasty bits. It was odd because no one had dominos; no one even had pizza. Therefore, I've been craving pizzas for about 4 hours or so. I called BJ when I got to my car, and my wonderful man threw a pizza in the oven for me. Excuse me while I blog with one hand. Mmmmmm....pizza. Anywhos, earlier that day I had gotten my friend/coworker Heather to play a card game with me called, Fluxx. It's a fun game where the rules start out easily enough, but as you lay down different rule cards, it can get a lot more complicated. It's really fun. Sometimes you can win on a single hand. Sometimes it will take a little longer. Another good one we played for a bit is Phase 10. It's such a cool game it has it's own Wikipedia page. The games both have a similar idea. You have to lay down a certain number of cards in order to meet the goal and win the game. I like Fluxx though because it's easier to understand the basic way to win. Once someone wins, a new game starts. Phase 10, when someone wins, they just win that turn and then go on. The other players who still have cards in their hands have to rack up points for the unused cards. Points in this game are bad...very bad, and the game can go on for a long time. And if you're ever really bored, you can try to make card houses out of them. I was never very good at that, the stress...it's too much. : ] But if you're ever bored in a break room with fellow employees, whip out a pack of fluxx cards and see if anyone wants to play. I know I always do. .

No comments: