Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Never to early to think about Halloween

As I am sure many of you have read, I am getting married in November. Specifically, BJ and I are tying the knot on November the 1st, 2008. This means, of course, that the rehearsal dinner, is totally on Halloween night. And clearly, we will be in costume. I found an awesome looking cosplay costume on ebay today; one of those, send us your measurements and we'll make one for you kind of deals. I'm going to modify it from the cosplay and be a goth vampire, it'll be sweet. Now we just have to work one out for BJ. Here's a picture of the design, and yes, that's PVC.After this fun adventure, BJ and I went to David's bridal to purchase shoes. The store was huge and brightly lit, and comfortable, and the people there were very nice. No one was pushy, we had to actually ask for assistance, which sometimes can be a good thing. They did not have the shoes I wanted in my size, so we had to order them. I also had to pay for them up front, which I thought was odd. In other shoes stores, if my size was unavailable, I would have it ordered, show up when it came to the store and if it fit correctly, then purchase the shoes. Also, they are non-refundable, so if they don't fit, I have to appeal to the manager to possibly have them exchanged. I also find it strange that, although I did pay for the shoes, and they were ordered today, they will not arrive in the store, until July 9th. Really, more than a month to ship a pair of shoes? I'm glad I am not getting my dress from there. I would be terrified of the "right size" not fitting correctly and then being stuck with a dress with no refund, and very little likelihood of exchange. I think that the wedding industry is the only one that can get away with not accepting returns on clothing. I can completely sympathize, if something is worn or if the tags are cut off, but point blank pay for this and you shall receive it, only it, and it is non-refundable, seems a bit extreme.

1 comment:

Jade said...

We're struggling with costume ideas as well! Ryan's got a lot of really easy possibilities like Buddy Christ (from Dogma) or even a couple of Harry Potter characters....or just Silent Bob lol

But me, I'm pretty clueless! eep!